Andes candy has always been a Holiday favorite of mine. When I was a child my mom kept a bowl of them in the living room during the holiday season, and I always loved to sneak into the room and grab some of the green foil packets!
So naturally now that I am older I like to use the candy in cookies for Christmas. I have made this before by cutting up the Andes mints, but this year I noticed you can now buy bags of the Creme De Menthe candy for baking. That is much easier than cutting up a bunch of them!
This recipe is similar to chocolate chocolate chip cookies, only with the Creme de Menthe flavor.Â You could also just use mint chips in this recipe, which I have done before too. The dough for these cookies is stiff, so you can roll it into balls, which gives the cookies a nice round shape.
These freeze well, so these are a good Christmas cookie to make before the holiday and freeze. My kids love the minty flavor, and have even been known to eat them right out of the freezer!
What are you baking this year?
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Andes Mints
- 1 cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter, vanilla, and water until smooth. Add both sugars and mix well.1 cup butter, 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract, 1/3 cup water, 3/4 cup white sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until well combined.2 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Stir in Andes Baking Chips.1 bag Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes.